[wdmaudiodev] Cross-driver communication

  • From: "Steve Thorpe" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:06:15 -0700

We have a USB 2.0 Video/Audio product.
It has seperate drivers for Video and Audio which we developed
(It does not use Microsoft's USBAUDIO.SYS - it was developed
before the full USB 2.0 audio class spec was available)

The Audio driver is a Port Class mini-driver which works fine
for most of our device configurations but on some configurations
the audio driver needs to communicate with the video driver.
(Otherwise I have to duplicate a lot of complex I2C functionality
in the audio driver)

Is this possible? If so any advice on how it can be done.
( I am just getting back into driver development so this may be
a very basic problem but so far I haven't found a solution)

Steve Thorpe