[wdmaudiodev] Re: Creating threads with high priority in APO

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 20:51:02 +0000

Have the new thread register with the Multimedia Class Scheduler Service. This
is the same thing that AudioDG.exe does for the APOProcess(…) thread.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684247(v=vs.85).aspx

MMCSS will give the thread regular boosts to high priority at periodic
intervals.