[wdmaudiodev] Correlating KS Filter Pins with "Friendly Names"

  • From: "Mike Garrett" <mike.garrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:07:03 -0600

Hello all,

I'm new to this group although I've been lurking for awhile.  I was very
happy to see the DirectKS whitepaper and example code last week.  We've
got those classes integrated with an app we are writing and it works
beautifully.  However there are a couple of questions I have that are
not (AFAIK) addressed by the samples:

1.  After enumerating the KS filters, and each filters' pins
(CKsAudRenPin), how can I correlate those back to the friendly
"MME-style" names we know and love?  If I get the filter name at the WDM
level, I get a single device name.  I want each pin's name.  For
example, the Frontier Dakota has 3 renderer pins.  I know somehow there
is a way to find the names "Dakota S 1:2", "Dakota A", and "Dakota B"
and associate them with the pins, but I haven't been able to find it.

2.  How can I find out how big the internal buffers are for each driver?
I've found that if you send it buffers smaller than the internal buffer
size, you get dropouts and I don't want to ask my users to find the
right buffer size.

Thanks much in advance,

Mike Garrett