[wdmaudiodev] Code-signing now also possible for individuals?

  • From: "Tobias Erichsen" <t.erichsen@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:18:35 +0100

Hi everyone,

after previously having received a rejection from GlobalSign
to obtain a certificate to be able to sign Vista / W7 64bit
drivers, I have once again browsed the net for a solution to
this problem and could not believe my eyes:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537361(VS.85).aspx#

There is now a section titled "Criteria for Individual Certification"
which says that it should now be possible for individuals to
receive such a certificate.

Could someone from Microsoft on this list give me a pointer to
a contact where I can receive further information on this
subject (which Certification entities will supply such Certificates
to individuals for example)

I guess this information should be invaluable for quite a few
people that had no prior possiblity to distribute drivers...

Best regards,
Tobias
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02