[wdmaudiodev] Code example for getting DDI from hdaudbus.sys?

  • From: <Edward_Averill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:54:06 -0500

Hello list! I'm a newbie, so I have a newbies question:

I need to send a VERB down to the HD audio hardware to perform jack sense for a
diagnostic.  The only driver I'm guaranteed to have is hdaudbus.sys, which
should be sufficient.  I see that I need to query for an
HDAUDIO_BUS_INTERFACE_V2 interface, but I don't see any examples in the DDK on
how to go about doing this.

Can someone kindly point me in the direction of some code snippets and/or
documentation on how to go about doing this?  The mechanism I'm currently using
(Setup API to get device class, then trying to enumerate interfaces) fails
horribly.

All info appreciated.

..ed..