[wdmaudiodev] Re: Clock Problems

  • From: "Mathieu Routhier" <mrouthier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:46:40 -0400

Here's a tip:

If you provide *specific steps* to reproduce the bug you're describing,
using one of the sample drivers for example, you get more chances that
someone else can confirm the problem and/or that someone at MS addresses
your issue.

Mat

From: "David A. Hoatson" <dhoatson@xxxxxxx>
To: <thatsamiam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:30:02 -0700

Hello,

I noticed your post on the WDM Audio Dev list server from *way* back, and
wondered if you ever got a reply from Microsoft?

I have noticed that after going though a repeated pause/restart condition
multiple times, WDM eventually stops sending audio (it still sends buffers,
but they are all silence).  This happens with pretty much every driver I
have tested (including the AC97 sample driver), so I am pretty sure this is
a problem with WDM and not the driver.  Has anyone else seen this problem or

have a fix?

Thank you,

David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Tertzakian" <thatsamiam@xxxxxxxxxxx>