[wdmaudiodev] Changing device format

  • From: AI Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:22:55 +0530

Looking through the list archives, I saw this posting (from Oct. 2007):

There is no supported/documented way to set the default device format
programmatically/dynamically from the device on Vista. This is a user
only setting on this OS version.

There have been many requests for this design to change and we are
looking into this for the next version of Windows (no - the next version
of Windows does not mean Service Pack 1) especially since it will be
required to properly support HDMI Audio sinks.

HakonS, Windows Sound Team PM
Has this been done yet?

If yes, what's the mechainsm?

If not, how are HDMI Audio Sinks properly supported?

Thanks.
Devendra.