[wdmaudiodev] Re: Changing default endpoint and speaker configuration on Vista

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:36:54 -0800

If "name" means the name that is displayed to the user in the audio control
panel, then look on MSDN at MMDevice API
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CoreAud/htm/mmdeviceapi.asp), in
particular IMMDeviceEnumerator::GetDefaultAudioEndpoint
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CoreAud/htm/immdeviceenumeratorgetdefaultaudioendpoint.asp),
 and Device Properties
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CoreAud/htm/deviceproperties.asp) in
particular the property PKEY_Device_FriendlyName.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation