[wdmaudiodev] Re: Changing default audio device in Windows 7.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:47:03 -0700

Shawn Lewis wrote:
> Maybe I wasnt clear.  I am desiging an application, which utilizes say
> the IE control.  Now MOST VIDEO sites and such use MOVE NETWORKS,
> FLASH, etc.  How to control where this sound is to be output?
>
> Their is no way. :(  Its up to the user EXIT MY application.  Set a
> default devide in control panel, Start my application, go back to
> control panel and reset the default...
>
> Not sure thats what a user experience to the positive effect would be
> called....

You're complaining about something completely different here.  Even if
there were a programmatic way to change the default audio device, that
wouldn't help this situation one bit, because there's still no way for
IE to bring up a dialog to choose one.

What you are describing is an application problem, not a system
problem.  The application here (IE) was too short-sighted to provide a
way to select an audio device.  Complain to the Internet Explorer team,
not to the audio team.