[wdmaudiodev] Re: Changing default audio device in Windows 7.

  • From: Shawn Lewis <shawnl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:35:08 -0400

Maybe I wasnt clear. I am desiging an application, which utilizes say the IE control. Now MOST VIDEO sites and such use MOVE NETWORKS, FLASH, etc. How to control where this sound is to be output?

Their is no way. :( Its up to the user EXIT MY application. Set a default devide in control panel, Start my application, go back to control panel and reset the default...

Not sure thats what a user experience to the positive effect would be called....

Hakon Strande wrote:
It would be worse design to let all of the ISVs battle it out for which device
is the system default device. Apps simply don't get to set the system's default
devices - they can pick based on the form factor info they can get through the
MMDEVAPI which allows you to make a more EDUCATED pick - for your app only -
based on more info about the available/connected audio peripherals.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande | Software PM | Microsoft Hardware | (p) 425.705.0637