[wdmaudiodev] Re: Changing default audio device in Windows 7.

  • From: Larry Osterman <Larry.Osterman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:38:29 +0000

Btw, I want to clarify my statement (since I've now read further in the
thread).  I thought that Shawn was asking to change the default audio device
from within Internet Explorer.  This is not possible through the WMP OCX
because Internet Explorer does not expose the necessary APIs through scripting.
 It might be possible to write an ActiveX control which wraps the WMP OCX which
provides this functionality but I thought he was asking about controlling this
via scripting (on a web page).

Reading further in the thread, it turns out that what Shawn was actually asking
about was changing the audio device which the web browser control uses to
render audio (which is a very different thing).  Unfortunately this is also not
possible currently.

Larry