[wdmaudiodev] Re: Changing default audio device in Windows 7.

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:58:35 -0700

Your points are valid, but I do believe that of these cases are arguments for
the applications themselves to have their own device selection UI. In the case
of IE (or really any environment that involves "plugins" or "controls" that
render sound") the solution does need to be thorough and complete: there needs
to be a plugin/control interface to support device selection. This is good
feedback for IE.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation