[wdmaudiodev] Changing default audio device in Windows 7.

  • From: mana <m92.suzuki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:54:28 +0900

Hi everyone,

I am developing the virtual audio driver based on MSVAD sample. My goal is
to capture audio output on the system and pass to user mode application.

These are running without trouble, but I have one problem. I want to change
the default audio device from my application, without using the CPL applet.
In Vista, I gave up the way to change the default audio device from my
application because there is no public mechanism (APIs) to do this.

Is there any new mechanism to change the default audio device in Windows 7?

I installed new Windows SDK for Windows 7 and investigated whether new
interface was added to Core Audio API. But I could not find new interface
that fills my request.

Thanks & best regards,
Mana.