[wdmaudiodev] Chaging Audio Device Format

  • From: K93157 <k93157@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:21:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This is the followup question to the earlier discussion
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/Changing-device-format,3

I have an audio device that works correctly on XP. Recently I started to make
it work on Windows 7. The driver for the device is based on WavePCI Miniport.

When driver is loaded, it advetizes it capabilities (for example) 8 bit
initially. However once loaded, device wants to change the capability to either
16 bit or 24 bit. on XP, I am handling this by added Datarange intersection
and SetFormat handler. However this doesn't work in Windows 7.

I followed suggestion given in
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/Changing-device-format,3and added
Event handler "PCAUTOMATION_TABLE" for one of the nodes.

As per the documentation on MSDN, my event handler should be called by port
driver so that IPortEvents::AddEventToEventList can be called by our miniport
driver. However my eventhandler is never getting called by port driver.

I appreacite any help regarding this. Am I missing any step required in Windows
7

Thanks
Kishore