[wdmaudiodev] Re: Capturing audio output using a "kernel mode filter driver"

  • From: e-t172 <e-t172@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 18:52:44 +0200

On 2011-05-23 18:33, Paul Titchener wrote:
To my best understanding an sAPO must be signed to be specific to a
particular driver.

Well, if you want the sAPO to process DRM protected audio, it *must* be signed by WHQL itself. This is of course to prevent clever people from intercepting protected audio using custom-made sAPOs.

Of course, I can imagine that Microsoft would never sign an sAPO which is designed to copy the audio stream for the user.

So you're completely right: it's impossible to do this using an sAPO without Microsoft's blessing. They must be using some other technique to access DRM protected audio.

--
Etienne Dechamps / e-t172 - AKE Group
Phone: +33 6 23 42 24 82