[wdmaudiodev] Re: Capturing audio output using a "kernel mode filter driver"

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 18:33:18 +0200

Paul Titchener skrev 2011-05-23 18:28:
In WASAPI (Vista & Win7) you can do loopback:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd316551(v=vs.85).aspx

Rob, that looks interesting, thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know you
could do that.

I don't think that’s what the TotalRecorder software is doing though as the
loopback method states it won't work with DRM protected files while I believe
TotalRecorder will record DRM protected files.

Ok. I didn't check the docs so far :) Well in that case they must be doing a
sAPO (as already pointed out) although its been said several times on this list
that hooking your own sAPO to
a generic audio device via registry hacking (i.e. not via the driver .INF file)
is a big NO-NO according to official MS policy.

Regards,
/Rob