[wdmaudiodev] Re: Can I identify my audio endpoint?

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:00:47 -0700

Mike, your answer to Alexandra's question is correct.

Regarding your question- you'll noticed these directives:

HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_SYSFX_Association%,,%KSNODETYPE_ANY%
HKR,"EP\\0",%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Association%,,%KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER%

The "association" value tells the audio system to propagate the properties to
all endpoints of that specific node type. You can see that the node type is
"any" for the FX properties and it is "speaker" for the endpoint properties.

If you want some properties for one type of endpoint and other properties for a
different type of endpoint, then you can create another set of keys that start
with, for example, "EP\1" and set a different association value under that key.
You can create as many "EP\n" keys as you need.

I'd be interested in hearing your results if you try this.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation