[wdmaudiodev] Re: Can I identify my audio endpoint?

  • From: "Alexandra Schoepel \(Ally\)" <Alexandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:33:13 -0700

Hi Frank,

Regarding setting a special property to help us locate our endpoint: as
far as I can tell, the sysfx example adds properties to the FX
PROPERTIES key in the registry, but not the 'standard' one, e.g.

    ..\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{DS GUID}\Properties\

Am I missing something, or does the example only demonstrate adding
properties for the effects?  It looks to me the only way to find the
endpoint associated with an audio driver is by the device
name/description from the inf.

Thanks,
Ally