[wdmaudiodev] Re: Call MIDI methods in Audio thread

  • From: Kevin Molcard <kevin.molcard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:12:32 +0200

I 've done a little mistake in my post.
In my last sentence I mean that it seems to be safe to call these methods in the audio thread.

On 8/9/10 2:36 PM, Kevin Molcard wrote:
I am working on an audio application that have to send MIDI message to an external MIDI device. My question is simple and maybe the answer is trivial but I prefer ask it before starting to code. Is it safe to call MIDI methods (midiOutShortMsg and midiOutLongMsg) in the audio thread? If think this is not the case because MIDI hosts have to send MIDI messages to device in real time.

Thanks
Kevin