[wdmaudiodev] Bypass volume mods?

  • From: "Chris Edgington" <chris.edgington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:02:36 -0500

If I start with a sample driver, like msvad\simple, how do I keep
Windows from doing volume modifications to my data? I thought that since
msvad\simple exposed a volume control, Windows would assume that I do
volume control in hardware and would leave my data alone when I move the
volume slider. However, a test reveals that while I am receiving the
property handler calls for the volume node, the data coming to the
driver still is volume-modified by Windows. Is there something else that
needs to be in the topology to make kmixer keep his hands off?

Thanks,
-Chris