[wdmaudiodev] Bus Filter Driver - How to get started?

  • From: "Gladstone, Benjamin D" <benjamin.d.gladstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 18:27:26 +0000

Hey all,

I need to write a bus filter driver on top of the USB hub driver. I want to be
able to see device enumeration communication between the hub and the PnP
manager as new devices are connected to the hub. This is my first real foray
into driver development and I'm at a loss as to where to start. So far I've
determined that I can't use KMDF or UMDF and I will have to write this as a WDM
driver. Aside from that I'm pretty confused as to where to go from here. Does
anyone have any sample bus filter drivers I can look through? Can someone point
me in the right direction on how to get started?

Thanks,
Ben