[wdmaudiodev] Re: Building drivers on windows 8.1

  • From: Andrew Vogan <andrewvog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:14:12 -0400

A better place for questions like this is the OSR NTDEV forum:

http://www.osronline.com/cf.cfm?PageURL=showlists.cfm?list=NTDEV

In answer to your question, here's an article that should get you started.
Microsoft no longer supports make-based driver builds; instead, they have
to be built in Visual Studio. Or you can use msbuild on for command line
builds, still with a Visual Studio project:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff554644(v=vs.85).aspx

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Parinitha Kashyap <
parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to build my wavecyclic driver on win 8.1 on vs2015 using wdk
8.1. Previously, while building on windows 7 using wdk 7.1 and vs2008, I
was using ddkbuild.cmd that in turn uses setenv.bat. But there is no
setenv.bat in wdk 8.1. Is there any other way to build my driver on win
8.1? I know this is not the right place to post this but if anyone could
help regarding this, it would be helpful.

Thanks,
*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap