[wdmaudiodev] Building an USB audio interface with a PIC18F4550

  • From: "Elios Elios Elios" <eelioss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:19:12 +0000

Hello, my name is Emilio and I'm new in this freelist...

I'm making my end of career project (telecomunications engineering), that consist in a USB interface for capturing audio by 4 channels. We are using as IC the PIC18F4550 of Microchip. We have made the PCB, and we have comunicated the PIC and the PC with an C# example that we have found in the WEB. This example is for low speed, and for audio isn't very good...

So, what is the better way to make an USB Audio Interface?

I read the "USB Device Class Definition for Audio Devices 1.0" and the 2.0... I think that if we follow the specification, we could to control the interface with the driver Usbaudio.sys and programme it with an Native API like WDMAudio Driver (winmm.dll, isn't?), or Core Audio ...

Somebody has done this before?

I read that there is a problem with USB 2.0 (the PIC18F4550 works in USB 2.0, full speed) and Usbaudio.sys... Somebody knows it?

Maybe the other solution can be to make a driver with Windriver... I have listened that is very easy to do. But in this way only we could to control our interface with our own driver... isn't?

So, I'm undecided and I need help for to continue...
Thanks!!
Bye!

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Envía hasta 500 megas diarios de fotos desde Hotmail. Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis. ****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.com/