[wdmaudiodev] Re: Best way for Portclass-Driver-Application communication

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 23:40:26 +0200

Max K skrev 2013-06-16 23:09:
- For once, IOCTLs are problematic, as one would have to overwrite the
portclass handlers and pass IOCTLS on to the port if its meant for him, so
probably not the best solution.

This is the way I've solved a similar problem. There is no problem whatsoever to direct
the correct IOCTLs to your own driver to handle. Although, I've used the non WDF samples,
so in WDF it might be more "hidden" (which is an unfortunate disease a
multitude of Microsoft frameworks are plagued with).

I've used custom IOCTLS to be able to enable/disable an audio device "on the
fly" f.i. and also to communicate with it at least at 24 Mb/s.

Maybe if you lay out the requirements in more detail, it would be easier to
give suggestions ?

Regards,
/Rob