[wdmaudiodev] Audio over USB

  • From: Divya Vedagarbha <divyav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:28:06 +0530

Hi All,

I have developed an audio minidriver based on the MSVAD framework to route
audio data over a proprietary USB driver. It uses the port class driver
interface. This USB driver transmits audio through the USB device to a
remote wireless Headset (over Bluetooth). As per the USB driver
requirements, it expects the audio to be pumped at 480bytes every 30ms.
Audio driver exposes the audio capabilities as 16bit PCM with 8000 samples
and as per the settings, audio driver is supposed to receive 160bytes every
10ms from the audio subsystem. So, this ideally matches the USB
requirements. However, I observed that the data flow is not smooth and
there are breaks heard in the song heard on the headset. This shows that
the rate requirements are not met. I also observed that the data received
from the sub-system is not always 160. It varies between 32-128.

I tried an experiment where I transmitted an audio file directly over the
USB driver satisfying the rate requirements. This works perfectly. The
quality of audio is good. I am facing the quality problem only when the
song is played over the virtual audio driver.

Could anyone suggest how to circumvent this problem?

Thanks & Regards
Divya