[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio filter driver

  • From: uwekirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:53:23 +0200

Robert Bielik schrieb:

Another approach I've been thinking of a sw only virtual audio driver, based on WaveRT, if that's even possible, would
appreciate input on that ?

I did one once based on WaveCyclic, but it introduces at least 20 ms of latency which is quite unacceptable.

/R

I would assume that a WaveRT driver adds the same or at least almost the same amount of latency than WaveCyclic (10-20 ms) since the latency is introduced by the windows audio stack (mixing, samplerateconversion, copying etc.) which is the same for both driver models. The amount of latency depends on how the user mode software accesses the driver. The DirectKS example app for example adds no latency.

/Uwe