[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio devices for terminal servers.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:22:55 -0700

Dennis Scott wrote:
> My server is a customized application, due to some reasons i cant use
> built in RDP sound sorry ;)

I'm now going to climb on my soapbox.

"Due to some reasons"?  What that really says to me is that "we didn't
know this was available when we started our design work, so we didn't
plan to use it, and now we're going to plow forward with our own plan
whether or not something better is available."

The RIGHT thing to do is to step back for a few days and figure out how
you can take advantage of what RDP can already do.  It is utterly
foolish to waste time re-inventing something that already works, instead
of adapting what you have to use the existing tool.

End of soapbox.