[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio WDM devices in Remote Desktop

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:51:52 -0700

According to others I've talked to here involved in the Terminal Services
features of Windows Server 2003, this is by design. I agree that some of the
API behavior here is less than perfect (e.g. the RDP audio device and other
devices ideally should not be represented in the waveOutGetNumDevs and
waveOutGetDevCaps functions) but, in any case, this is how it is.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation