[wdmaudiodev] Audio WDM devices in Remote Desktop

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <emuzychenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:18:01 +0700

Hello!

Connecting to a workstation type of Windows (XP/Vista) via Remote
Desktop, I see myself connected to a console session and can access
all audio devices if "leave on remote computer" mode is specified on
connection. But if I connect to a server type Windows (2000/2003
Server), it creates a separate session, and no local WDM devices are
accessible via DirectSound and MME interfaces. Via Kernel Streaming
interface, all devices are fully accessible but only RDP audio device
is visible via DirectSound/MME.

Why Windows Servers do not follow the "leave on remote computer" mode
creating a separate terminal session? Is there a way to access all WDM
audio devices via all audio interfaces without connecting to a console
session (mstsc /console)?

Regards,
Eugene