[wdmaudiodev] Audio OUT on Longhorn

  • From: Guenter Hildebrandt <G.Hildebrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Fricks <richfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:55:50 +0200

Dear Richard,

thank you for your answer. Here are the information you have requested:

We are testing on Longhorn build 5048.winmain_idx02.050401-0536. That version was handed out at WinHEC 2005.

I will try to provide more details. The situation is as follows:
Our WDM render devices are displayed in KSStudio. They are not displayed in Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices. Our PCM capture devices are available there.
Graphedt shows our PCM render devices under WDM Streaming Rendering Devices. It does not show any of them under Audio Renderers.

On Windows XP the same driver works well.

Best regards

        Guenter Hildebrandt

Fricks wrote:
Perhaps I can help figure out the problem. Any other details you think
might be relevant to this issue?

It would be helpful to know what build of Longhorn are you using. Have
you tried running graphedt and does it see the device under audio
renderer or wdm streaming?

Thanks,
Richard Fricks
Technical Lead, Microsoft DDK