[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio OUT on Longhorn

  • From: "Martin Puryear" <martinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:43:28 -0700

KS.SYS and all its compatriots (KSUSER.DLL, KSTHUNK.SYS, KSPROXY.AX,
etc) are all still there in Longhorn.

The only removals that I know of besides the audio-specific ones
(sysaudio, kmixer, splitter, etc) are a few removals of really old HW -
such as a 1999 WDM Video driver for HW-based MPEG-2 decode, found only
on certain laptops.  All the vidcap infrastructure pieces (stream.sys,
mspclock, etc) are still there.

MartinPuryear
Software Architect
Development Lifecycle