[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio OUT on Longhorn

  • From: "Hakon Strande" <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:27:13 -0700

Sorry, I was too generic in my statement. This only applies to audio
only components. Ks.sys services other device classes as well and is
still there as far as I know.

In the case below the AVStream driver may be (I am speculating) exposing
a topology that was interpreted by sysaudio in XP and other released OS
but is currently not by the new audio components in LH. If we had a
device and a driver we could investigate this regression. We don't like
regressions that create more work for you guys of course.

Sincerely

Hakon Strande
PM Integrated, Internal, External, and Wireless Audio Devices
MediaTech/DMD/Windows Client/Microsoft