[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio Filter and fade

  • From: Carlton Guc <carlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WDM Audio Dev List <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:44:59 -0500

I'm working on a spec, however here is our initial wish list.   Let me know if
you are still interested and I'll get you the spec.

I'm interested in playing multiple channel wave files and controlling volume on
each individual channel.   I'll have specs shortly, however to get started the
basic design is to Play N channels to N outputs.   That is, you should be able
to play a MONO file on all 8 outputs (assuming you have a 8 channel sound
card).   Or play any channel to any outputs including the ability to play all 8
channels to one output.   It needs to work with 16/24/32 bit files.    I'm
pretty set on getting the basics running, however my stumbling block is dealing
with the volume changes.   Linear is ok, however we need to provide some pretty
nice use drawn fade curves.

Tx.
Carlton