[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio Driver Code Signing for WIN10 ?

  • From: Tom Eckert <teckert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 10:20:02 -0400

It's still working for us. But, while we're on the subject, can someone clarify this:

/What about existing drivers?Do I need to re-sign these drivers to
get them to work with Windows 10?/
//No, existing drivers do not need to be re-signed.To ensure
backwards compatibility, drivers which are properly signed by avalid
cross-signing certificate

<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff548231%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>that
was issued before the release of Windows 10 will continue to pass
signing checks on Windows 10.

Does this mean that drivers which are properly signed by a valid cross-signing certificate that was issued before the release of Windows 10 *but which are built and signed after the release date, grace period, whatever* will work or not? So, not existing drivers, but new drivers signed with a certificate that satisfies the above condition.

Thanks,
Tom

On 10/8/2015 9:34 AM, Vincent Burel (VB-Audio) wrote:

No, it does not work anymore on WIN10 release, this is what I’ve experimented last days when building a new driver version,

This is also explained there:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windows_hardware_certification/archive/2015/04/01/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10.aspx

Regards

Vincent Burel