[wdmaudiodev] Asynchronous input and output

  • From: Audiodev <audiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 10:02:27 +0200

Hello Community,

I have a question which one of the driver developers who read this EMail may be able to answer.

We have measured with directX and kernel Streaming that with the same audio device the input and the output
run at different samplerates. The difference is rather small, approx. less than 10 Hz in most cases but it exists.
I would expect this behavior when using two devices but not for one device and especially when using kernel streaming.

From my point of view soundcards should have one chip for AD/DA conversion running at one fixed clock.
What is the reason that an application has to deal with this problem?

Best Regards,
Hauke