[wdmaudiodev] Assigning extra resources

  • From: Tomislav Harsnabovic <hars@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:40:25 +0100

Hi!

I'm currently implementing an MPU miniport into my driver. The PCI device can be controlled to use one of four I/O ports which aren't obviously detected by the PnP manager in the first place. So the plan is to try requesting an I/O port in the adapter part of the wdm driver, upon resource validation, and then programming the hardware and installing the MPU miniport and so on.

But how can it be done? I haven't found anything useful in the wdm audio driver examples of the WINDDK 3790. I've searched through MSDN a bit and I found two interesting routines: IoReportResourceForDetection() and PcNewResourceSublist(). They don't seem to be compatible to each other, so I'm kinda stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tomislav