[wdmaudiodev] Re: Applications that appear in volume mixer

  • From: Larry Osterman <Larry.Osterman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:59:58 -0700

If it plays a sound, it should show up in the mixer.

The display is toggled on the session state transition from Inactive to Active,
which occurs when the application calls the WASAPI "IAudioClient->Start()"
method.

What build are you testing on?  This behavior has been pretty consistent across
the public releases of Vista, although some early beta2 builds may have had
different behavior (the session state was set to active when an application
called IAudioClient::Initialize() in those builds).

Larry Osterman.