[wdmaudiodev] Re: Anyone here worked with Windows CE?

  • From: "David A. Hoatson" <dhoatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 07:32:57 -0800

Why not just use ASIO?

David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Evert van der Poll" <evert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 7:15 AM
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] Re: Anyone here worked with Windows CE?

Hi Andy,

What kind of latency figure would be acceptable in your scenario? I don't
think you will ever get it lower than 1 ms on XP.

Maybe, instead of going Windows CE, you could have a look at Linux. There
are some guys there doing good work. For example Ardour seems to be making progress. I don't know what kind of latency figures you can expect on that
platform, but at least you have a lot of options to tweak.
I am not speaking out of my own experience. It's just some things that I
read about it that grabbed my attention.

-Evert