[wdmaudiodev] Any way to play sound in kernel?

  • From: "Ray Yang" <rayyang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WDMAudio" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 01:46:14 +0800

Hi,

I'm new to audio driver development.

Now, I want to play CD sound from my driver via DirectSound - the data of sound
are from my driver instead from the real CD media. Some commercial software has
done this. After hacking them, I found they maybe call
KsSynchronousIoControlDevice to manipulate sysaudio.sys. While, someone on
msnews group told me this way is not stable. I think he's right but I really
want to know how those drivers do this.

There are so many professionals on this list. So, I think this is a right place
to put my post.

Could anybody here help me?

Regards,
Ray Yang