[wdmaudiodev] Absolute path to source files during reinstall?

  • From: "Michael Sacarny" <msacarny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:24:55 -0400

I use a coinstaller during WDM driver installation on W2K\XP\W2K3. It needs
access to the source files during device install. It is easy to get the
absolute path to the source files during original installation - it's the same
as the INF file location. However, during certain reinstalls its more
difficult.

If the driver is removed via Device Manager and then a Refresh is done, the
oemx.inf file in <Windir>\inf will be used to reinstall the driver. In this
case, the path to the INF is not the same as the path to the source files.
Clearly, the OS knows where the source files are, since it copies them, but I
can't seem to figure out a good way to get this path using SetupDI type calls.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,
Mike