[wdmaudiodev] Re: About completing or dispatching the IRP in MDSVAD

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:08:02 -0700

karthiksharmasg@xxxxxxx wrote:

>   1. I created an device in MSVAD and passing data from the UM to KM,
> i defined IRP_MJ_READ, IRP_MJ_CREATE, IRP_MJ_READ IRP'S and created an
> symblic like for this.
>   2. in UM i created an device using the symbolic like for this device
> using createfile
>   3. using writefile i passed the data to the KM and i was sucessfull
> by getting the data in the kernel mode, i then dispatched the IRP
>   4. Using Readfile i am trying to get the KM data but i am not able
> to get the data when i dispatch the IRP, but whwn i complete the IRP i
> will get the data fron KM-UM this time the player will fail to play
> the audio file,

I can't quite understand what you're saying here.  Unfortunately, the
word "dispatched" has two meanings in English.  It can mean "sent", or
it can mean "finished".  Are you using it to mean "finished"?  Perhaps
you should post your read and write handlers, just so there is no confusion.

>  I am using IO_BUFFER method to transfer the data.

Do you mean you set the DO_BUFFERED_IO bit?

>  This is creatical to me please replay as soon as possible.

This kind of demand is not helpful.  I am providing to you at no cost,
services for which I am normally well paid.  If you have a critical
need, then you need to hire an expert consultant to get your problem solved.