[wdmaudiodev] Re: About completing or dispatching the IRP in MDSVAD

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:42:03 -0700

karthiksharmasg@xxxxxxx wrote:

>           Thanks for help last time, currently i am struck in UM-KM
> data passing, the problem is
> 1. I am able to pass the data from UM-KM
> 2. In KM-UM data passing i am facing the problem
>    a. in Read IRP if i dispatch the IRP_MJ_READ to the portcls the
> player and recorder are working correctly but i am not able to get the
> data from the buffer (IO_BUFFER)
>    b.If i complete the IRP here i am able to get the data from the
> KM-UM in the buffer but the player says that the driver is not able to
> play the audio.( I am completing the IRP with STATUS_SUCCESS, i tryed
> with PROCESSING_REQUIRED also it doesnot work)

I thought you said you were working with MSVAD.  That's a port class
device, and does not handle IRP_MJ_READs directly.  The port driver will
handle this, and dispatch to entry points within the driver.  If you
look at the source code, you'll see that it doesn't work with IRPs directly.

You will have to be more specific regarding what you have done here.