[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: UAC2 driver loaded but no audio endpoints visible

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Johannes Freyberger <jfreyberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:15:55 -0700

Johannes Freyberger wrote:

thanks for your reply – I only partially agree. Think of an USB device with a such a single format support which perhaps is shipped with 44.1/16/2 and the customer connects it to his machine and switches it to 48/24/2 as this is the samplerate in his complete audio network.

But if the device was capable of supporting both options, then the descriptors should advertise both options.  You can always refine the exact choice during the negotiation.  Even if you have a hardware switch on the device, the descriptors should be advertising all of the POSSIBLE formats.

But I'm really arguing the devil's advocate position here.  You are mostly right; it shouldn't be as hard as it is.

Would you also have any idea on testing the functionality of the USB feedback endpoint or do you think my approach should work and I should see a slightly increased or decreased samplerate in my player application?

As with several other responders, none of my USB audio clients have ever used a feedback endpoint, so I'm afraid I am of no use.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.