[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: UAC2 driver loaded but no audio endpoints visible

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:49:53 -0700

Johannes Freyberger wrote:

so it seems to be no Linux USB audio gadget thing. Without changing anything on the Linux side 48kHz/24Bit/Stereo suddenly worked after I disconnected my device from windows, stopped the windows audio endpoint builder, removed all registry entries in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Capture” and “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render” which pointed to my device, restarted the windows audio endpoint builder and reconnected my device.

I, also, have had problems when changing the advertised formats after Windows has already cached my current formats.  The Audio Engine seems to have a long memory.  Since this is a development issue that is not likely to be encountered in a customer-facing situation, I never took the time to analyze this.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.