[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: sample User mode installable multimedia driver

  • From: "Tobias Erichsen" <erichsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:11:27 +0100

Hi Frank,

one reason to write such a "driver" would be to get an easy ability to write
stuff
like virtual or network audio or midi-drivers.  The complexity is much lower
than
writing a WDM Audio driver model driver.

Also it is possible to dynamically create & remove additional ports which have
a dynamic changeable friendly name - I have yet to find any good sample for
the WDM Audio stuff that show how to do that...

Tobias