[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: Re: USB-audio and USB-midi at same time with standard devices under WinXPproSP1

  • From: "Thomas Zepf" <thzepf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:02:11 +0200

Hello Daniel,
> Thanx for this tip, but this is right - I justed checked the device with
> USB-check on a Win98SE machine - this prog says: everything is OK!
> But for my WinXp it is NOT!

Usb-Check does not know anything about usbaudio. It tests only the
compatibilty with the usb spec (Chapt. 9)

> Perhaps the "midi-device" reacts on a host-request that is sent to the
> "audio-device" ?

For a simple midi device there aren't any such requests. Midi acts basically
as bulk io. The Midi example descriptors form the Midi spec are working
well. You should carefully check your AC Control Interface.
Any Error there would prevent the Audio Device from working.

> Does anybody know, what exactly happens, when connecting an usb-audio
> device - in which order which "usb functions" will occour ?
> Eg. Get_DSCR, Set_Config etc. ???

There is no std way on the order. The requests depend on your descriptors.

Thomas