[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: USBAudio under Vista

  • From: Brüßler, Wolfgang <wolfgang.bruessler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:56:33 +0100

By the way, it's my code ;-)

The problem was:
The capture device of a certain audio device is configured to CD quality by
default. When I do some voice recording using this default sample rate, I get
poor sound quality. This is probably a bug of the device, but I cannot change
it because it is OEM.
When I configure it to 8000 Hz 16bit Mono using the control panel, it works
fine.

So I needed a way to change the setting without bothering the user to do it.

If this works for you, I can send you some code for changing the sample rate
via registry.

Wolfgang