[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: Driver - White Paper

  • From: wdm <wdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:19:58 +0100

> * KSUSER white paper - this is now with our doc writer,=20
> probably another =3D
> week or so.  Other higher priority items have been taken care=20
> of; this =3D
> now is one of our very highest priorities. =3D20

Cool thing - I think lot=B4s of people will be REALLY
happy when this finally arrives (including me ;-)
=20
> N.B.: this paper contains some simple sample code to use what=20
> is already =3D
> in the public SDKs and DDKs, and it is targeted at audio **ISVs**, =
=3D
> specifically creators of high-performance (low-latency, bit-for-bit) =
=3D
> audio applications. =3D20

Will it be also possible to send the exact same IOCTLs from
a kernel-mode device driver?  I was thinking about a VoIP-
solution where RTP-data ist taken from the TDI-layer and
sent right into the soundcard, minimizing latency to the
miniumum amount possible...

Tobias