[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: Re: Code-signing now also possible for individuals?

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:47:07 -0800

Tobias Erichsen wrote:
> when I go to Globalsign or Verisign, I can only see one kind of Authenticode
> certificates there - or are there more classes of those for different
> applications?

Absolutely, yes, there are.  For KMCS, you need a Class 3 Code Signing
Certificate, from a certificate authority on Microsoft's short list of
Cross-Signing certificates.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowspro-audiodevelopment/thread/0a7df2c9-5621-4768-bd4a-12bc979463c9
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/crosscert.mspx

> But like I wrote before, it would be nice if someone from Microsoft could
> comment on this... I think quite a few other people would really appreciate
> some feedback on this.

There are lots of posts and white papers on this, but they use their own
vocabulary, so it can be difficult to follow.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/drvsign.mspx