[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: AW: Wav file format tags--updates??

  • From: wdm <wdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:23:16 +0200

>  That might be something you actually get from the MIDI Manufacturers
>  Association (MMA), not Microsoft. It is probably the same as the MIDI
>  "Manufacturers System Exclusive ID".

No - unfortunately they are not the same. The Manufacturer IDs in my
version of <mmreg.h> range from value 1 (Microsoft) to 266 (Algovision).

Apart from that, I develop this MIDI-driver (IEEE P1639 midi over ethernet)
"just for fun", so I wouldn't be willing to pay $200 per year to get a
manufacturer-id from the MIDI-association.

Thanks for you response anyway.

Tobias